Thursday 14 January 2010

first blog

I'm creating a blog because I have the worst memory and could potentially forget this trip even happened five years from now, and it could be fun. We'll see if it continues a few weeks from now...


Highlights...
  • discovering the movie Fame on my flight
  • new music from Dane I can thoroughly enjoy
  • getting 12 hours of sleep a night
  • tours of Kensington, which is the richest place in England unfortunately
  • the Lion King
  • listening to the british accents
  • trying fish eggs on accident
  • riding the tube
  • buying my own groceries at Whole Foods, which is simply amazing
  • eating the best homemade scone of my life

The biggest challenge on this trip is meeting people. I feel like I'm a freshman in college all over again. It's hard because some people want to go out to pubs every night, some people absolutely never want to go out, some people study a lot, so forth. I feel like I've never fallen into a particular category, but I think that's okay... I'm hoping to connect to a church, potentially Hillsong London, soon and maybe join a small group. I feel like it's going to be hard finding quiet time here, but there is literally a Starbucks on every block. I'm glad to have my gift card! I am definitely looking forward to traveling. I have a long list of places I want to go and hopefully I can get to them all. To all my readers, thanks for reading. It's nothing fancy but I hope you enjoyed.


1 comment: